Friday, February 7, 2014

Snowmen at Night

In the spirit of all of the snow, we enjoyed hearing the story, Snowman at Night by Caralyn Buehner.  This fun loving story has us wondering about the snowmen we build and what they do when it is dark and no one is looking?  We then came up with our own ideas finishing the sentence, 'If I were a snowman at night...'  Great conversation was shared as students discussed their ideas of what it would be like to be out and about sneaking around;) Last, we added a snowman face to compliment our writing!





"I would slide to the park and drink hot cocoa.  I would go home and grab my skates and go skating and eat pizza and ice cream.  We would play games and do our homework, then color and go home!"

"I would grab a pink sparkly sled and go sledding down a hill and I would have a crazy party with my friends."

"I would give food to the poor people then I would go sledding with my friends."

"I would go to the movies.  I would skip to the movies and the people would say, "It's freeeeezing in here.  Then the police came and I would have to go home.  So I walked home sadly."

"I would step into the snow and I would dance into the street and be excited.  Then a man screamed he saw a snowman!"

No comments:

Post a Comment