Friday, September 13, 2013

I Think I Can, I Know I Can!

The theme, "I Think I Can" from the story of The Little Engine That Could was our focus this week as we recognized and encouraged one another to think of something that we know we can do with continued work and practice.  Students were challenged to think of something that they know that they will be able to accomplish with the words, "I Think I Can."  We have shared some of the thoughts from our first graders below.

"I think I can lift a baibee shep.  I think I can read 5 boocs in a niet." (ex. in phonetic spelling)

"I think I can catch a butterfly and I catch it with my hands or a net.  I think I can count to 100.  I think I can count by 2's to 5."

"I think I can be nice to my brother and make a friend and be kind to others."

"I think I can help animals like duck-billed platypuses."

"I think I can practice going across the monkey bars by myself."

"I think I can count past a hundred by myself."

As a conclusion to this fun story and writing activity, we put our chef hats on and got busy putting together an edible train!!  Check out the pictures of these yummy trains below.  Also, ask your chef the steps to creating your own train at home.





No comments:

Post a Comment